Solar energy is a smart and winning choice for both home environments and for industrial and commercial activities.
Thanks to the self-generation of clean electricity, you can avoid surprising changes in the price of energy and you can slash your energy bills considerably.
Photovoltaic systems help reduce the impact of CO2 emissions. Using this system creates a powerful statement about how your company is attentive to environmental problems.
This can leave a positive impression in your buyer's mind and ensure a return in terms of communication with customers who are increasingly informed and aware of sustainability issues.
However, it is important to remember that not all photovoltaic installations are the same.
The choice of materials and the configuration of installations during the design phase makes the difference on the final output of the system. S.E.I. is a truly reliable partner in helping users find the most appropriate system solution with a solid return on investment.
About photovoltaic systems
A photovoltaic system converts solar energy directly into electricity, and is basically composed of:
- Photovoltaic modules or panels (leading European brands: CentroSolar, Kyocera, SunPower, BenQ)
- Switchboards and cabling
- Inverters, that convert the direct current produced by the modules to alternating current (leading European brands: Power One, Sma, Steca)
- Batteries for energy storage (only for stand-alone installations)
The modules, made of semiconducting materials (with crystal silicon being the material most widely used), are the active part of the system because they convert solar radiation into electricity
Photovoltaic systems can be grid-tied installations or stand-alone installations, the latter of which are typically used to ensure electricity in remote areas or during the night
- Does produce any type of pollutant emissions
- Fuel savings
- System reliability since there are no moving parts
- Minimal running costs and maintenance
- Modular system (system power is increased by simply adding more modules and inverters, if necessary)
It is important to keep in mind that photovoltaic systems have high initial costs (mainly due to the high cost of modules) and irregular production due to variations of the energy source, i.e. the sun.
The annual amount of electricity produced by photovoltaic system depends on several factors:
- The amount of sunlight hitting the installation site (incident solar radiation)
- The orientation and tilt of the surfaces of the modules
- Whether or not there is shading
- The technical performance of the system components (modules, inverters and other equipment)
In Italy, using a system with 1kWp of nominal power, with optimal tilt and orientation and no shading, not equipped with a solar tracker, the estimated maximum amount of electricity produced is:
- Northern regions
1.000 – 1.100 kWh/year
- Central regions
1.200 – 1.300 kWh/year
- Southern regions
1.400 – 1.500 kWh/year
As another reference, about 2 square meters are required to produce 1KwP.
Permissions, authorisations and paperwork
S.E.I. can manage all of the bureaucratic procedures concerning permits, authorisations, requests and other paperwork, with municipalities, energy operators, landscape protection authorities, GSE (energy services operator), condominium managers, etc.
S.E.I Srl technicians are available to come out to your site and complete a no obligation technical analysis of the feasibility of installing a system, also measuring the spaces and average solar radiation.
We will then prepare a custom quote that includes a calculation of the output energy and information on incentives/tax benefits, also exploring investment opportunities for the customer.